Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing #3

I learned about RSS feeds quite a long time ago, but learned a lot more about them while working through Thing 3.  I had purchased NetNewsWire and had a lot of good subscriptions, but enjoyed being introduced to BlogLines and Google Reader.  I will use the two new "feed" tools to keep up on library, school library, and tech things that are not covered in my other RSS reader.

I also got my avatar up and running.  I had a Second Life avatar, but haven't been to my second life in so long that I couldn't remember my login!  Yikes!  Guess I will just stick to one life now.  It keeps me plenty busy anyway.

I still feel like I'm somewhat behind, but keep reminding myself that it's better to be thorough than to rush through......our library users know some of this stuff very thoroughly, so I want to be able to relate.

No comments: